torsdag 4 mars 2010

La Pija Greenpeace

I guess its always interesting to know what other people think of you. The picture that you give the people you meet everyday and even more interesting: the picture that people have of you that knows you really well.

(that’s why I like the game orangino so much http://www.orangino.com/)

Since my time in Madrid i´ve heard some really funny descriptions of me. But the ones that amuse me the most is: La Pija (spanish word for snob) and Green Peace. In my opinion theres 4 reasons for the nick Pija:

- Spanish people think that snowboarding (due to my snowbord trip to Andorra) is a sport for snobs. Witch I kind of understand because, well, Spain is not the snowiest country.

- At one occasion I told that I did horse riding when I was little. This is more understandable but a lot of my (girl) friends did that when they were young as well but non of us comes from the Bernadotte family neither do we have mussel lunch everyday of the week.(hm might not of done that ever)

- My use of mac products

- The fact that im from Sweden, yeah we are all millionaires.

And the other “nick” Green Peace came after I put a note in the kitchen of how we should recycle. Yeah, ok I was tired of the mix in the garbage and to recycle is soooooo easy. And what other (maybe Swedish) way of dealing with the problem is better then putting up a note?

The other day my flatmates and me made dinner and the night ended with the game: everybody must say one positive subjective of another person. Talk about a confidence bust! Don’t know if it was the wine, the great compliments or simply being around people that likes you but we all were close to tears! Summa summarum: you are what you are: you.

Kärlek och Fred!

1 kommentar:

  1. The Mac part isn't just because of Mac produtcs, but because of what type of Mac products you have. And also envy for that MacBook Pro ;)
    I enjoyed the after-dinner a lot. It was great, though also a bit hard for me. What do you say about people you merely know? It's obvious they're GREAT, but how do you explain that? And you cannot even repeat what other people say, so you have to think at least two ways of telling the same thing.
    For me, you were the only one who wasn't difficult. It wasn't easy either, since I couldn't find words for every beautiful thought crossing my mind.
    In the end, GreenPeace, it was AMAZING. I've been thinking about those moments all week long.
    THX, THX, THX!! :D

    SvaraRadera